Wednesday, November 3, 2010

rainy days

Vietnam

Today it is raining and I am lost . Instead of doing the ironing which awaits me in the laundry I sit dreaming of my trip and searching the internet for images of the places I will see.. I have Italian music playing in the background (from the movie "The Big Night") and a Chicken Chasseur cooking on the stovetop. The day doesn.t seem quite as dreary now with the fragrance of yummy comfort food and Italian opera playing on the stereo.  What a shame reality steps in and I have to go to work later in the day. I sit and wonder what is it that makes some of us want to explore the world and others who are happy to stay close to home.   I am the 1st to admit I get anxious being away from home too long... I am definitely not a gypsy, I know I need to be grounded with my home and family close by...but.... Oh, to travel to new countries, with histories so old and the fabulous food and  the people. I find the most rewarding experience I get from travelling is to come home with a renewed appreciation of all that I have.  After Vietnam in March this year and Morocco last March and to see the children living in camps set up by the town dump and playing with sticks in the dirt- no barbie dolls and tonka trucks ..or computers for them... We are truly the lucky country and our precious children so spoilt. and I try to check myself when I worry about silly meaningless things and say "Thanks " for all  that I have..... Today I leave you with some of my memories of these trips...

Vietnam
 
Morocco
Morocco

Morocco
















No comments:

Post a Comment