Monday, November 15, 2010

Family


Today I spent and a lovely day and a delightful lunch with family... My niece (who has 5 children) was visiting with 3 of her little angels, and my sister (her Mum) was also there and my daughter and grand-daughter . We chatted and ate, and chatted and drank coffee ,and gossiped ,and  passed on words of advise.. 3 generations of girls at the table ( 8 in total) and all of us strong women and children , and ALL with something to be said and heard.. Most men would have run a mile. to see us all enjoying the cool breeze and beautiful sunshine and passing the time with people we love. That many women and so much noise in one place could be a bit daunting.... The kitchen was wrapped in memories and love, as my niece was making cheese on the stove  and opened a small wooden box sittting on the bench,this box was a gift from her to my daughter, and contained a hand written recipe of my Mum's for a favourite dip of hers.. This "Mock Chicken dip" was always on the table at Xmas and family dinners, I think ,as she opened that recipe out, we all took a moment to think of "Nana" who gave so much love to us all unselfishly. Days like today are what memories are made of , and I think we all realised how lucky we are to have such a family bond. . May our children and grandchildren always keep these family values, this is the best gift we can give our children." WE  ARE NEVER ALONE" Thank you to my daughter for inviting me for lunch and  allowing me to be part of today.

No comments:

Post a Comment