Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Mother nature



I came home tonight from work to find an echidna.in my backyard. Unfortunately for him ,my dog saw him ,and started barking, which caused him to immediately start burrowing into the soil.... By the time I managed to get a shovel and bucket to try to catch him and let him go outside my yard he was all but submerged into the garden... No amount of proding and digging could get him out... In fact he just kept digging deeper...My worry is that he stays there ( instead of coming out and leaving the yard) I will be anxious about leaving my dog go out there tomorrow in case he gets quilled. What to do.????? This is all a bit of excitment for me as I don;t think I have seeen an echidna so close up for about 40 years, when I was a small child living on the farm.... I shall go to bed with doors locked  ( to keep my dog in ) and hope he goes on his way during the night when he realises the threat is over....

No comments:

Post a Comment